What do you make when you get handed lemons and strawberries?
Why you make The Best Strawberry Lemonade Ever.
To get more juice from a lemon, roll it against the counter. It opens the sections to release more juice. I’ve heard you can put in the microwave for about 20 seconds and let it cool, but I’ve never tried it that way.
NEVER use bottled juice.
Fresh is always better and you will notice a big difference in taste.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint ripe strawberries - will need about 1 1/2 cup puree
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice - approximately 8 small lemons
- 1 - 2 tablespoons almond extract, optional
- 4 - 6 cups water, use cold water if serving immediately
- Make a simple syrup of water and sugar by cooking this over medium heat for about 4 - 5 minutes, just until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Add almond extract.
- Clean and hull strawberries.
- Puree these in a blender if not in food processor with 1/2 cup water.
- Mix together syrup mixture, strawberry puree, and lemon juice.
- Great time to taste again to check for sweetness or tartness.
- Add water.
- Start with 4 cups and adjust to taste.
- I like 5 cups.
- This will make approximately 1 gallon when using 4 cups of water.
- Refrigerate and serve cold, or over ice.
- Garnish as desired.
Do not use bottled lemon juice to have the best flavor