What do you make when you get handed lemons and strawberries? Why you make The Best Strawberry Lemonade Ever. As we are in the heat of the summer days, there’s no better drink to cool off and relax with.
This simple lemonade recipe is made with refreshing ingredients and tastes so great. Perfect for a light summer drink but good at any time of the year.
The Best Strawberry Lemonade
Tips for making lemonade
To get more juice from a lemon, roll it against the counter. It opens the sections to release more juice. I’ve heard you can put in the microwave for about 20 seconds and let it cool, but I’ve never tried it that way.
- NEVER use bottled juice.
- Fresh is always better and you will notice a big difference in taste.
- If you have a juicer or an attachment for your food processor, it goes so quickly. I love my Kitchenaid Food Processor – this attachment came with it. So, so handy.
Are you ready to create the best homemade lemonade ever? You’re going to love this tasty drink!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint ripe strawberries - will need about 1 1/2 cup puree
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice - approximately 8 small lemons
- 1 - 2 tablespoons almond extract, optional
- 4 - 6 cups water, use cold water if serving immediately
- Make a simple syrup of water and sugar by cooking this over medium heat for about 4 - 5 minutes, just until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Add almond extract.
- Clean and hull strawberries.
- Puree these in a blender if not in food processor with 1/2 cup water.
- Mix together syrup mixture, strawberry puree, and lemon juice.
- Great time to taste again to check for sweetness or tartness.
- Add water.
- Start with 4 cups and adjust to taste.
- I like 5 cups.
- This will make approximately 1 gallon when using 4 cups of water.
- Refrigerate and serve cold, or over ice.
- Garnish as desired.
Do not use bottled lemon juice to have the best flavor
Step by Step photos on how to make lemonade
I love lemonade so much that I just have to show you my process in how I make it! You can visually see the steps and get a few more simple tips as well.
How can you make lemonade taste sweeter?
Can you use frozen and/or fresh strawberries for this lemonade?
How do you store lemonade for later?
More Fun Picnic and Entertaining Posts