Gatlinburg attractions range from roller coasters to aquariums, mini-golf, outdoor adventures, and more. With the perfect combination of natural beauty and exciting family activities, Gatlinburg attractions make any vacation to the Smokies a memorable one. Head to this popular attraction in the Tennessee Mountains to have a family-friendly adventure you won’t soon forget.
The Best Gatlinburg Attractions
Gatlinburg is home to a variety of family-friendly activities and outdoor adventures. These Gatlinburg attractions will have everyone in the family – including the kids – excited from the start of your trip to the very end.
Fall is the perfect time to visit.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies: Enjoy unique views of all manner of sea life with a live penguin cam, glass-bottom boat adventure, sleep with the sharks experience, and much more.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: Explore a huge collection of amazing oddities and adventures like the Moving Theater, Haunted Adventure, and more.
- Mysterious Mansion of Gatlinburg: This year-round haunted house is touted to be the most horrifying in all of Tennessee.
- Christ in the Smokies: This must-visit for believers features a beautiful garden, lifelike scenes that tell the story of Christ, and even a gift shop.
- Mirror Maze and Circus Golf: This facility features an epic, 3D blacklight mini-golf course, and a state-of-the-art mirror maze featuring music and a light show.
- Gatlinburg Pinball Museum: Come see the largest collection of pinball machines in the Smokies.
- Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum: For something a little different head here to explore over 20,000 sets of salt and pepper shakers from around the world.
- Hollywood Star Cars Museum: See some of the most famous cars of Hollywood including BumbleBee and the Ford vs. Ferrari GT40 MkII.
- Hillbilly Golf: Play a round of some of the most unique mini-golf you’ll ever find at one of Gatlinburg’s oldest attractions.
- Gatlin’s Smoky Mountain Fun Center: This epic facility includes Gatlin’s Rugged Ropes Adventure Course, Gatlin’s Escape Games, Gatlin’s Mini-Golf, and much, much more, making it one of the must-visit Smoky Mountain attractions.
- Sweet Fanny Adams Theater: This theater is A National Historical Treasure and features live musical comedy for the whole family.
- World of Illusions: The world’s largest exhibition of Grand Illusions, World of Illusions will excite the entire family.
- Space Needle: On of the best Smoky Mountain attractions for views, the Space Needle offers panoramic views of the Smokies from its over 400-feet-tall observation deck.
- Westgate Wild Bear Falls: This huge indoor waterpark offers 60,000 square-feet of fun featuring 300,000 gallons of flowing water.
The Village is always busy.
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster: Equal parts tour and roller coaster, the Mountain Coaster is an easy-going coaster that takes you down the mountain.
- Rowdy Bear Mountain – Gatlinburg: Enjoy beautiful scenery along with exciting downhill coasters and The Mountain Glider, a suspended, single-rail coaster.
- Anakeesta: This outdoor adventure park features zip-lining, gondola rides up the mountain, a splash pad, treeventure course, treehouse village adventure, and a lot more.
- Rafting in the Smokies: Head to Rafting in the Smokies for zip-lining, rock climbing, rafting, a rope course, rafting, a huge picnic area, and more.
- Gatlinburg Skylift Park: Enjoy breathtaking, sky-high views of the Smokey Mountains via gondola and the famous Skybridge. You’ll find a wonderful observation deck, as well.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center: Enjoy white water rafting in Upper or Lower Pigeon Gorge, a guided tour of local waterfalls, or combine the two for the ultimate outdoor sightseeing adventure.
- A Walk in the Woods: Enjoy the natural beauty of the Smokies with guided hiking and walking tours, driving and step-on tours, and backpacking and camping trips.
- Smoky Mountain Angler: Enjoy guided fishing excursions from the oldest authorized guide program in the county.
- Ober Gatlinburg: Enjoy beautiful aerial views of the Smokies on Ober Gatlinburg’s gondolas flying high over the treetops.
- Cades Cove: See the natural beauty of the Smokies in all its glory in this broad verdant valley nestled in the Smokies. Tour the area on a one-way, 11-mile loop offering the chance to see wildlife like white-tail deer, black bear, coyote, groundhog, turkey, raccoon, skunk, and others.
- Clingmans Dome: Take in beautiful views of the Smokies from the highest point in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Gatlinburg SkyBridge: Take in breathtaking views from this epic bridge. The longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America, the SkyBridge spans 680 feet across a deep valley.
Gatlinburg attractions are a ton of fun but don’t forget about the rest of the area. There’s so much to see and do in the surrounding area, as well, from shopping to outdoor adventures.
- Adventure Park at Five Oaks: This 70-acre facility in Sevierville offers zip-lining, horseback riding, go-karting, laser tag, mini-golf, an arcade, and more.
- Tanger Outlets: Just down the road in Sevierville, Tanger Outlets has an almost endless variety of items at their collection of stores.
- Bush’s Visitor Center: Learn everything there is to know about Bush’s Baked Beans at their Visitor Center. Watch a short film, view a timeline of the company, and more.
- Smoky Mountain Outdoors: Enjoy a day on the Pigeon River with upper and lower river rafting, combo packages, extreme upper river rafting, and inflatable kayaking.
- Sevierville Golf Club: Golf lovers will enjoy hitting the green on this gorgeous course that features the beauty of the Smoky Mountains.
- Nascar Speedpark: Located in Sevierville, Nascar Speedpark offers go-karting, virtual reality games, and rides the whole family will love.
- Legacy Mountain: Enjoy 7 different zip lines spanning over 2 miles, along with a rope bridge and plenty of amazing views of the Smokies at Legacy Mountain in Sevierville.
- River Rat: Enjoy an exciting time on the water tubing or whitewater rafting. The tubing hub is located in Townsend, while the rafting hub is located in Hartford.
Don’t Forget the Beauty of Autumn
Aside from attractions, shopping, and the like, there’s something else that the area is known for that can’t be overlooked – gorgeous autumn views. When the weather begins to turn, and the air gets crisp, the Smokies explode in fiery beauty. The changing leaves of the Smokies in the fall are a thing of beauty that will captivate everyone in your family. If you’ll be in the Gatlinburg area in the fall, don’t forget to take the time to really see the gorgeous changing leaves while you’re there.
Gatlinburg Attractions to Satisfy Everyone
From aquariums and museums to zip lines and so much more, Gatlinburg attractions have something to offer everyone in the family. Whether you’re seeking an adrenaline rush or a laid-back retreat, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Gatlinburg.
Most people also choose to visit Pigeon Forge on a trip to Gatlinburg.