Day One of Twenty Five Days of Christmas. My favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe will soon be yours also. This will soon be yours also. As you read through the ingredients, you see there’s a bit difference in this and most cookie recipes. This post contains affiliate links.
This isn’t just for any holiday, but a favorite all year long. When I make them, I usually double the recipe since they are a family favorite also.
My favorite chips for this recipe.
Have you noticed how many times I used the word favorite? Below you will also find some of my “favorite” items to help baking a bit easier.
A great fun event for getting friends together, or maybe a child’s party is hosting a Cookie Swap Party. Here’s a few ideas.
Do you ever buy Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter? Use it instead of Peanut Butter for a gingerbread taste cookie. Cookie Butter Recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee, crush if large granules
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients together and set aside
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients into butter mixture
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Use a medium scoop and drop onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or 10 - 12 for a crispier cookie
- After cooling, store in air-tight container
- Test your oven with the first batch as many ovens heat different
- Have all ingredients you can at room temperature
- I love using parchment paper as it makes clean up so much easier
- Try to make up cookie dough ahead of time and freeze.
- Experiment with different size scoops.
- Remember to scrape down the bowl quite often during the mixing process
- With different size scoops, you may need to adjust baking time.
- Always let your baking sheet cool before scooping out more cookie dough
- Always use the correct type of measuring cups for your ingredients
My Kitchen Scale
Measuring Cups and Spoons