Day Fourteen of Twenty Five Days of Christmas. This super simple fruit dip is basically two ingredients – Cream Cheese and Marshmallow Creme, or some call it Marshmallow Fluff. Let me warn you this is addicting. After it’s made, it has to go right into the frig or I will keep nibbling at it – by the spoonful.
This has been a recipe around for a long time and it’s usually a staple at most brunches, showers, or when company is coming for breakfast. I would suggest you make at least a double batch.
Just these two ingredients will make a delicious dip, but, you know me, I can’t leave it at that. I like to add just a little more flavor with one and a half teaspoons of frozen orange juice concentrate and zest from one orange. Orange liqueur is another great flavor to add (when adults only). Someone mentioned Chambord, which is a black raspberry liqueur and sounds wonderful.
The super sweet marshmallow creme works great with the cream cheese which can be a bit tangy by itself.
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- Cream together these two ingredients until smooth.
- A hand mixer works well for this.
- You're done. How simple.
- Add in your juice and zest or liqueur if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Regular or low fat cream cheese works well.
- Granny Smith Apples are my favorite.
- The tartness of the apple goes well with the sweetness of the dip.
- Any fruit - strawberries, bananas, raspberries, pears, favorite apple
- Vanilla wafers or graham crackers
Do you love pumpkin? This is also a great and easy one to make.