This simple as can be Taco Bar Corn Salad is great to serve as a side dish (you may need to double the recipe). I love any type of corn when I’m having a Mexican or Tex Mex Meal.
Another great way for serving this is as a topping for nachos or as a dip.
- 2 Cups Frozen Whole Kernel Corn (usually find this in a bag)
- Juice From 1 Lime
- 1 t Minced Garlic - about 2 Cloves
- 2 t Dried Oregano
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped fine
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Strips Of Bacon - fried and crumbled
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Wash tomatoes.
- Halve or quarter tomatoes, depending on size and set aside
- Chop Cilantro Leaves fine, about 6 stalks.
- Chop garlic.
- Pour frozen corn into medium mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, oregano, salt and cilantro
- Mix together
- Squeeze lime juice into this mixture
- Stir in tomatoes, olive oil and bacon
- Allow to set about 1 hour for corn to thaw
- No need to defrost corn before making salad
- Do not use stalk of Cilantro plant
- If you are serving more than one hour, cover and refrigerate.
- Some people might like to add Jalapeno pepper - to taste
- If you don't use Sea Salt in your cooking, consider it
Just a few easy steps always using fresh items.
Freshly chopped Cilantro – only leaves.
Fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, maybe consider multi-color for added color.
Pin it for Later.
Maybe a little more Cilantro, or of course Bacon would never be bad.
This is a great side item for my Ultimate Skillet Nachos – or even as a topping.
Maybe you want to add a Creamy Margarita with it too.
Although this is a great Cinco de Mayo recipe, having your Taco Bar Corn Salad, Skillet Nachos, and Creamy Margarita – you are ready for any summertime party.
Do you need a couple more nacho ideas?