If you’re looking for a great salad, this broccoli and bacon salad with the works is what your taste buds will love. One bite and they’ll be hooked, just like you!
Finding a great salad is always a good idea. While making a salad isn’t hard, it can be quite tiring to eat the same one over and over again. The good news? There are a ton of great salad toppings and ideas that can change the way you think and look at salads.
This Broccoli and Bacon Salad is one of them! Who doesn’t love the idea of having bacon on top of their salad? It’s so yummy and delicious, you’ll be in awe at how much you really like it!
The great part about making salads is that you can literally make them unique and different every single time! Add things you like such as chopped walnuts or pecans to this, or leave out what you don’t like (or family won’t eat) such as raisins or onions. These could also be served on the side too.
Here’s some simple directions but find the full recipe and directions below.
Fry bacon – crumble – set aside
Cut broccoli into bite size pieces
Cut onions in thin slices
Place broccoli and onions into large mixing bowl
Pour over broccoli and onions – mix
Add raisins and cranberries
Add bacon bits
Stir until all is well coated
It’s now ready to serve.
A few hints:
Have broccoli in bite size pieces
Don’t use broccoli stems as they are usually tough
Salad dressings are also easy to mix in a mason jar by shaking ingredients
Make ahead – mix all ingredients together then add dressing right before serving
With the summer months quickly approaching, this delicious and simple salad needs to be on your radar. Think about all of those back yard cookouts or neighborhood get-togethers you will be attending, or planning.
The great part about making salads is that you can literally make them unique and different every single time!
Save it to Pinterest too.
- Salad ingredients
- 8 cups broccoli florettes
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 cup sun flower seeds
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup red raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Salad dressing ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Directions for Salad
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp
- Drain on paper towels and cool
- Crumble into small pieces
- Set bacon aside
- Cut broccoli into florettes or smaller pieces
- Wash and drain well, allowing to dry
- Place into large mixing bowl
- Add onions
- Pour prepared dressisng over this
- Stir until all is coated
- Add bacon, raisins, cranberries and seeds
- Mix again to coat all ingredients
- This can be served immediately
- Refrigerate any leftovers
- Directions for Salad Dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together until sugar dissolved
- Can also be shaken in a covered mason jar
- Have broccoli in bite size pieces
- Don't use broccoli stems as they are usually tough
- Salad dressings are also easy to mix in a mason jar by shaking ingredients
- Make ahead - mix all ingredients together then add dressing right before serving