Have you ever heard of Stoup? I hadn’t until the last couple of years. It’s a mix between a thick stew and soup. I guess we’ve been making Stoups all these years and didn’t realize it.
Here’s my latest. We love all kinds of soups and chili, so thought I would combine them. I’ve seen a few Chili Soups but they didn’t have the taco taste so off to try. And, it turned out good. Yeah for me.An advantage of this type of stoup, it can be made in a couple of hours on the stove, or left to simmer all day in the crock pot.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 med onion, diced
- 2 T taco seasoning
- 4 T chili powder
- 2 15 oz cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 2 15 oz cans whole kernal corn
- 3 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- In large pot, brown ground chuck and onion, until brown
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Simmer on low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- The longer you cook it, the thicker and richer it becomes
- For crockpot - mix all ingredients together
- Add meat mixture
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
If you enjoy soups, try this Chicken Chorizo Gumbo.